Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Sarda Farms milk fresh?
Yes, Sarda Farms delivers farm fresh milk to its’ subscribers. The good milk is delivered within hours of milking, in a secured integrated cold chain that retains the goodness and freshness of the milk.
2. What is the nutritional content of Sarda Farms milk?
Nutritional content per 100 ml (approx.) of Sarda Farms Pasteurised, Pasteurised & Homogenised, A2 Pasteurised & Homogenised Milk is
|Total fat||3.50 g|
|Saturated fatty acids||2.00 g|
Nutritional content per 100 ml (approx.) of Sarda Farms Skimmed Milk is
|Total fat||0.40 g|
3. Which are the full fat variants of Sarda Farms milk?
Sarda Farms Pasteurised, Pasteurised & Homogenised and A2 Pasteurised & Homogenised are full fat variants with a minimum of 3.5% fat.
4. What is the fat% in skim milk? Is it beneficial for weight loss?
The fat percentage in the skim milk is < 0.05% of fat. That is less than 5 grams of fat per litre of Sarda Farms skim milk. Sarda Farms recommends, skim milk for consumers who prefer low fat milk and has no view on the skim milk being beneficial for weight loss.
5. What milk is best suited for kids?
Sarda Farms milk is as pure a milk that you can get and contains all-natural nutrition. However, the choice of a milk will depend on the liking of your child. Sarda Farms recommends that you try the milk variants and then make a choice.
6. What milk is best suited for pregnant women?
Sarda Farms milk is 100% pure and without any adulteration or contamination, hence, all variants can be consumed by Pregnant women. However, Sarda Farms strongly recommends that in case of Pregnant women, the doctor’s advice is the best.
7. What milk is best suited for elderly?
Unless medically recommended, all variants of Sarda Farms are suited to be consumed by elderly. However, if a medical condition exists, it is best to consult the doctor.
1. What is the size of Sarda Farm and where is it located?
Sarda Farm is spread across 50 acres and has been built to world standards. It is located in the village of Shenit on the Mumbai-Shirdi Road, on Sinnar-Ghoti highway, Igatpuri Taluka, Nashik.
2. How many cows do you have and what is the breed of the cow?
Sarda Farms has 1500 Holstein Friesian cows.
3. What facilities are available on the farm?
Sarda Farms is a world-standard dairy farm which has state-of-the-art amenities and processes to keep the cows comfortable and happy.
- Climate controllers to maintain appropriate temperature
- Soft cow beds for cows to rest
- Automatic Massage brushes
- Planned nutritious feed
- RO purified water
- Regular check-ups by vet
4. Where is the processing plant of Sarda Farms?
The milk processing plant of Sarda Farms is in Satpur, Nashik
1. How is Sarda Farms milk unadulterated?
Adulteration happens when something is deliberately added to the milk. Sarda Farms ensures nothing is ever added to the milk and only time anything is extracted is in the case of Skim milk. In Skim milk 99.5% of the fat present in the milk is extracted. This ensures Sarda Farms milk to be always adulteration-free. Also, throughout the journey, milk travels in safe, sanitised integrated cold chain in tamper evident packaging which preserves the freshness of the milk till your doorstep.
2. How is Sarda Farms milk free of hormones?
Sarda Farms is strictly against the use of Oxytocin or any other form of hormones in the farm. Sarda Farms’ policy of zero tolerance towards usage of hormones makes the milk free of hormones.
3. How is Sarda Farms milk free of antibiotics?
Sarda Farms takes utmost care of the health of the cows on the farm. In a rare case of the cow needing antibiotic treatment due to an ailment, such cows are kept separate, and the milk is never mixed with the regular, good milk. Only after the ailing cow has completely recovered, their milk is tested to ensure that there are no traces of the antibiotics and only then is their milk is considered as good milk to be provided to subscribers.
4. How does Sarda Farms ensure Zero Contamination?
Contamination is when the milk is exposed to an unintentional external source. Sarda Farms pure cow milk is untouched by human, right from milking to processing and packaging. Additionally, all the equipment’s used for processing and transporting the milk is cleaned thoroughly and disinfected before and after use. Sarda Farms has the best-in-class protocols to provide Subscribers with 100% Pure, Contamination-free cow milk.
1. What is the shelf life of Sarda Farms milk?
Sarda Farms milk contains no preservative and hence Sarda Farms advises consumption of the fresh milk within 2 days of receiving, when stored under refrigeration.
2. Is the milk pack safe for storage & consumption of milk?
Sarda Farms milk is packed in ultra-high food grade, double strength pack. Hence it is safe for storage & consumption.
3. Is Sarda Farms packaging tamper evident?
All packaging of Sarda Farms milk and milk products are tamper evident, i.e. all the products have one or more indicators or barriers to entry. If breached, then it can be reasonably be expected to provide visible evidence to consumers that the tampering has occurred. For example: The shrink wrap seal on cap of the glass bottle or the plastic seal in the Carton (Gable top) cap.
4. How does temperature affect Sarda Farms milk quality?
Sarda Farms milk is Pure and without preservatives and hence under non refrigerated conditions the bacterial growth happens rapidly, with increase in temperature, in the good milk. The growth of bacteria depletes the nutrients significantly and leads to smelly odour in the milk. To arrest the bacterial growth, Sarda Farms maintains farm to home integrated cold chain from the time of milking to delivery. This ensures the goodness of the milk remains intact till the time you receive the milk.
5. How does use of insulated bag affect the milk quality?
Sarda Farms maintains cold chain throughout the milk journey so that the temperature of the good milk is retained cool, and nutrition preserved. In case of a rise in temperature at your doorstep, in the unavailability of insulated doorstep bag the bacteria might multiply within the milk and degrade the nutrition. The use of the insulated doorstep bag preserves the milk’s temperature and its nutrition.
6. Do you have FSSAI License for your products?
Yes, all Sarda Farms products have FSSAI License No: 11519027000585
1. Which milk variant would be most suitable for me?
Sarda Farms understands that subscribers have varied usages and to cater to these usages, Sarda Farms offers 4 milk variants. Based on the needs and the usage in your households, you can choose from any of the below mentioned variants which are all ready to drink.
- Pasteurised. This is the variant from which cream can be extracted to make ghee. This variant is also suited for making tea, coffee, add to cereals, making dahi, paneer etc.
- Pasteurised & Homogenised. In this variant, the milk undergoes homogenisation post pasteurisation wherein the fat molecules of the milk are broken down to molecular level & mixed in the milk liquid. As a result, on heating the milk, the cream layer formed on top is quite thinner when compared with the pasteurised variant. This milk tastes creamier and is preferred by people wanting thicker milk. This milk is also good for setting creamier dahi at home.
- A2 Pasteurised & Homogenised. This variant is similar to the Pasteurised & Homogenised variant. The only difference is the A2 type of protein present in the milk.
- Skim Milk. In this variant, the fat present in the milk is removed to make it 99.5% fat free. This is preferred by people consuming fat free milk.
2. Which packaging would be most suitable for me?
Sarda Farms offers the following three packaging options, and the subscribers can choose from either of these packaging based on the suitability.
- The Glass bottle: Apart from its aesthetic value, the glass bottle is considered to be the trusted form of packaging as it’s good for the environment. It is the only widely used food packaging that has been granted the highest standard ‘GRAS’ status by the American FDA. In order to reuse the bottles, Sarda Farms also collects the empty glass bottles. The bottles are cleaned and re-used in the subsequent milk packaging and deliveries.
- The Carton (Gable top): For people who find it cumbersome to manage glass bottles, the environment friendly carton (Gable top) is an ideal solution. The Carton (Gable top) is convenient to store & easy to dispose.
- The Milk pack: For people who prefer the convenience of half litre packaging, Sarda Farms also provides 500 ml milk in ultra-high food grade double strength pack in Pasteurised & Homogenised variant only.
3. Can I order for Glass Bottle/Carton (Gable top) milk and Milk pack simultaneously?
Yes, you can order Glass bottle/Carton (Gable top) and Milk pack simultaneously.
4. What are the options of pattern that I can choose from?
Sarda Farms allows the quantity and variant to be customised as per your requirement. Subscribers can create customised pattern for themselves like daily delivery, alternate day delivery, weekly delivery, or specific days of the week, with their choice of product variant and quantity.
5. What are the modes of payment that Subscriber can choose from?
The following modes of payment options are available to the subscribers:
- Online payment via, Credit/Debit card, e-Nach through the Sarda Farms website or through the mobile app.
- Collection from home Cheque, cash, debit/ credit card (Currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Sarda Farms recommends Autopay for subscription renewals to eliminate the hassle of periodic manual renewals and uninterrupted milk supply.
6. How can I reach out to Sarda Farms?
Sarda Farms subscribers can access their milk account through the website or mobile app. Sarda Farms subscribers can reach out to Sarda Farms Customer Care between 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM through
- Phone: 1-800-ADD-MILK (1-800-233-6455)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: +91 2532223500
7. What are the modes of delivery that I can choose from?
Sarda Farms offers the following modes of delivery to their subscribers:
- Doorstep Delivery. Subscribers opting for this mode will be provided a specially designed insulated bag which helps maintain the cold chain till the time the milk is collected from the doorstep. The milk delivery associate will deliver the milk in this Insulated bag. This mode is ideal for those who do not want to be disturbed by the doorbell, early in the morning.
- Doorbell Delivery. Subscribers opting for this mode will be provided a specially designed insulated bag which helps maintain the cold chain till the time milk is collected from the doorstep. The milk delivery associate will ring the doorbell once and deliver the milk in this Insulated bag. This is an ideal delivery mode for subscribers who prefer to be alerted about the milk delivery.
- Hand Delivery. Sarda Farms’ milk delivery associate will ring the doorbell and deliver the milk to you in person. This is an ideal delivery mode for those who prefer to take the delivery of the milk in person (Currently suspended due to COVID-19)
1. Can I update the order quantity for a few days?
Yes, the order quantities can be temporarily increased or reduced as per the requirement. The changes need to be updated in the app or via Sarda Farms Customer Care before 7:00 PM the previous day.
2. Can I pause my supply on the go?
Yes, subscribers can pause their supply on the go. To pause the supply, they can login to their account on the mobile app or web, select the dates under the ‘Pause Supply’ section. Alternatively, subscribers can also reach out to the Sarda Farms Customer Care between 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
3. Can I view my account balance on the go?
Yes, subscribers can view the available account balance by logging in to the Sarda Farms website / mobile app.
1. How do I subscribe to Sarda Farms products?
Sarda Farms products are delivered from farm-to-home in an integrated cold chain till the subscriber’s doorsteps. You can subscribe by doing the following:
- Mobile App. Download the Sarda Farms mobile app. You can also download the app from the Play store for Android, and the App store for iOS
- Website. You can subscribe by clicking on the “Subscribe” button on the top right corner on the website.
- On Phone. Call the Customer Care toll-free number, 1-800-233-6455 (1-800-ADD-MILK) anytime between 7:00am to 7:00pm.
2. Are there any additional charges beyond the subscription rate?
There are no additional charges beyond the subscription amount. However, there is a charge for insulated bag. The bag will be delivered along with the products on the first day of delivery.
3. How do I pay for my subscription?
You can add balance to your account through the following options: :
- Online Payment. Pay using Credit card/Debit card/Bank transfer on Sarda Farms website or Mobile App.
- Home collection. You can contact the customer-care toll free number,1800-233-6455, and request for a Cash/Cheque/Credit card/Debit card collection appointment (Temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)
- Autopay. Register for the Autopay facility through the e_Nach (net-banking) option and enjoy hassle free renewals.
4. On opting for Autopay, what amount will my account be deducted for and when?
When a subscriber registers for the Autopay option, they will have to pre-set the amount that they want Sarda Farms to deduct from their account for the subsequent renewals. 7-days prior to the existing balance getting over a pre-debit intimation will be sent to the customers and the deduction will happen 5-days prior to the existing balance getting over.
5. Once the payment is made, when do the deliveries start?
Typically, Sarda Farms deliveries start within 2-3 days, post receiving the payment.
6. Can I change the delivery start date?
The tentative start date is a system generated date which is subject to the payment realisation. However, the subscriber is free to select a date which is later than the tentative date seen in the system.
7. How will I know that my subscription has been accepted?
The new subscribers would receive a payment receipt followed by a ‘Welcome Email’ from Sarda Farms once the payments are received and updated in the system. This email has the details of the product variant, pattern and the delivery start date along with additional details about the new subscription.
8. Will I be kept informed about the upcoming renewal of my subscription?
Yes, you will be informed about the upcoming renewals 7 days prior to the end date of the current subscription, either via email, phone call or SMS. For those who have opted for the Autopay facility A pre-debit intimation will be sent 7-days prior to the existing balance getting over and the deduction will happen 5-days prior to the existing balance getting over.
1.When can I expect my milk/milk products to be delivered?
Sarda Farms will deliver milk/products between 5:00 AM and 7:00 AM on the days you are scheduled for a delivery.
2. What is the delivery schedule on holidays?
Sarda Farms delivers products 7 days a week, 365 days a year, between 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM, unless there is an unavoidable situation. In such an event, Sarda Farms will inform the subscriber in advance via SMS or an email communication.
1.How can I order for milk and milk products (Ghee, Dahi, Unsalted Butter) of Sarda Farms?
You can place your order for milk and milk products directly on Sarda Farms App or website. Alternately, you can also contact Sarda Farms Customer Care to place the order.
2. Can I order for milk products like Dahi/Ghee/ Unsalted Butter only, without subscribing to Sarda Farms milk?
Yes, you can subscribe to milk products (like Dahi, Ghee & Unsalted Butter) without subscribing for milk. You can add a balance greater than Rs 3000 and schedule the deliveries of any product as per your requirement.
3.What is the shelf life of Sarda Farms Dahi?
Sarda Farms advises consumption of the fresh Dahi within 5 days of receiving, when stored under refrigeration as the Sarda Farms Dahi does not contains any preservative, milk powder or stabilisers
4.What is the shelf life of Sarda Farms Unsalted Butter?
Sarda Farms advises consumption of the fresh Unsalted Butter within 7 days of receiving, when stored under refrigeration as Sarda Farms Unsalted Butter contains no preservative, additional fat or stabilisers.
5.What is the shelf life of Sarda Farms Ghee?
Sarda Farms advises consumption of the Ghee within 30 months days from the date of opening the jar, as the Sarda Farms Ghee contains no preservative or vegetable oil. If the jar is unopened the shelf life is 6 months.
6.Is the milk pack safe for storage & consumption of milk?
Sarda Farms milk is packed in ultra-high food grade, double strength pack. Hence it is safe for storage & consumption.
7.How can I order for a milk sample for trial?
Distinguishing the quality of Sarda Farms good milk with the milk available in the market with just a sample of a litre is difficult. Hence, Sarda Farms recommends that you subscribe for 30 litres and experience the quality of the pure milk along with the services. In case you are not satisfied with the product / services, you can unsubscribe by connecting to Sarda Farms Customer Care.
8.Can I purchase Sarda Farms products from retail outlets?
Sarda Farms milk and milk products are available only in a few selected outlets of Mumbai like in Foodhall or Nature’s Baskets. Since the Sarda Farms objective is to supply farm fresh pure milk and milk products to subscriber’s home directly, the availability of the products in retail outlets is limited.
1. Are there any offers / discounts available on Sarda Farms subscription?
Basis the amount you choose to add in your Sarda Farms account, you will receive a cashback. The cashback % is mentioned in the table below:
|Balance Amount Added||Cash Back|
|3000 - 9999||0% (*Register for Autopay and avail 8% cashback)|
|10000 - 19999||8%|
|20000 - 29999||10%|
|30000 - 99999||11.25%|
|100000 - 200000||13.5%|
2. When I choose to pay via Autopay what is the cashback benefit, I will be eligible for?
Autopay offers a flat 8% cashback benefit for any amount greater than Rs 3000/-.